- 1 tablespoon (15 g) butter, divided
- 2 cups (12.5 oz or 350 g) whole sweet corn kernels
- 1 1/2 cups (13 oz or 375 g) half and half cream
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 g) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 g) paprika
- 1/2 cup (4 fl oz or 125 ml) cold milk
- 3 (0.7 oz or 20 g) egg yolks
- 2 (2 oz 60 g) eggs
- 1Preheat your oven to 325 F (165 C). Lightly grease six ceramic ramekins with butter. Then, place into a 2-inch deep baking dish.
- 2In a large saucepan, add the corn, cream, salt, and paprika. Bring to a simmer and remove from heat; stir in milk.
- 3Pour corn mixture to a food processor. Process until smooth and creamy.
- 4Whisk together the egg yolks with whole eggs until smooth in a mixing bowl. Slowly whisk in some hot corn mixture into eggs, about 1/4 cup until all of the the corn mixture is incorporated well.
- 5Divide mixture equally into the prepared 6 ramekins. Pour hot water into the baking dish to come about halfway up the sides of the ramekins.
- 6Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes or until custards are set. Allow to cool for about 10 minutes before serving.