- 2 (5 oz or 150 g) navel oranges
- 3 (2 oz or 60 g) whole eggs
- 1 1/4 cups (14 fl oz or 400 ml) agave nectar
- 1 1/2 cups (6 oz or 180 g) ground almonds
- 1 cup (4 oz or 125 g) flour
- 1 teaspoon (4 g) baking powder
- icing sugar to serve
- 1Preheat your Air Fryer to 360 F (180 C). Grease a round baking dish. Then, line with baking paper (baking dish must fit into the Air Fryer basket).
- 2Place the two whole oranges in a saucepan and cover them with enough water. Bring to the boil. Lower the heat to a simmer. Cook, covered, for 1 hour, making sure that the oranges remain submerged with water. Drain and let cool.
- 3Cut the oranges into quarters, remove the seeds if any. Then, place into a blender and process until smooth.
- 4Beat the eggs with sugar until dissolved, then add the orange puree, agave nectar, ground almonds, flour, and baking powder. Mix well.
- 5Pour into prepared baking dish. Cook in the Air Fryer for 40-45 minutes or until tested done. Leave the cake in the pan to firm up, about 10 minutes.
- 6Remove the baking paper and turn over in wire rack to finish cooling.
- 7To serve, dust with icing sugar on top. Decorate with orange slices and almonds.
- 8Serve and enjoy.