- 3/4 cup (6 oz or 185 g) applesauce
- 3/4 cup (5.8 oz or 165 g) brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 (2 oz or 60 g) whole egg
- 2 tablespoons (1 fl oz or 30 ml) coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons (1.6 oz or 45 g) cocoa powder
- 1 cup (4 oz or 125 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon (4 g) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 g) kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon (3 g) baking soda
- 2/3 cup (2.3 oz or 65 g) rolled oats
- chocolate frosting, for topping
- 1Preheat Air Fryer to 320 F (160 C).
- 2Using an electric mixer beat together the applesauce, brown sugar, egg, oil, and vanilla extract. Beat until you reach a light and fluffy texture.
- 3Gradually add the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Mix well together. Fold in oats.
- 4Pour batter to a baking dish that can fit into the Air Fryer cooking basket and bake for 30-35 minutes. Let cool.
- 5Top cake with chocolate frosting and chill before serving.