- 1 cup (4 oz or 125 g) all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons (15 g) cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 g) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon (1 g) garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (1 g) onion powder
- 1 cup (8 fl oz or 250 ml) water
- 1 (0.7 oz or 20 g) egg yolk
- 2 (1.4 oz or 40 g) egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 pound (450 g) medium shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails left on
- olive oil spray
- 1Preheat your Air Fryer to 390 F (195 C).
- 2Combine the flour, cornstarch, and salt in a mixing bowl. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture. Add the water and egg yolk. Mix just until moistened; then in the egg whites.
- 3Dip each shrimp into the batter and coat well except the tails.
- 4Roll in breadcrumbs.
- 5Arrange the shrimps in a single layer in your air fryer basket, leaving some space in between. Cook in batches if necessary. Spray with oil.
- 6Cook for 10 minutes. Remove basket and turn the shrimps to cook the other side for another 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- 7Transfer to a serving dish.
- 8Serve and enjoy.