- 3/4 cup (165 g) granulated sugar, divided
- 5 tablespoons (75 g) softened butter, divided
- 2 large (40 g) egg yolks
- 2 1/4 cups (280 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (6 g) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon (5 g) salt
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon ( 2 g) cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons (30 g) butter, melted
- 1Mix together 1/2 cup sugar and 3 tablespoons butter in a bowl until crumbly. Then, add the egg yolks and stir until blended well.
- 2Sift flour, baking powder, and salt into a separate bowl. Place 1/3 of the flour mixture and half of the buttermilk into the sugar-egg mixture; stir until combined. Add in the remaining flour and buttermilk. Mix well. Cover and keep in the fridege until ready to use.
- 3Combine remaining 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon together in a shallow bowl. Set aside.
- 4Roll dough out onto a lightly floured work surface to 1/2-inch thick. Cut dough into 9 large circles. Then, cut a small circle out of the center of each large circle to form donut shapes.
- 5Preheat your air fryer to 350 F (175 C).
- 6Brush donuts on both sides with remaining butter.
- 7Place donuts in a single layer into the basket of the air fryer. Cook for about 7 to 8 minutes.
- 8Sprinkle donuts with sugar-cinnamon mixture. Repeat with the remaining donuts.
- 9Serve and enjoy.