- 4 (2 oz. or 60 g) portobello mushrooms
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 medium (2 oz or 60 g) onion, chopped
- 2 (3 g) cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 medium (2 oz or 60 g) red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup (2 oz or 60 g) shredded mozzarella
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) olive oil
- cooking oil spray
- 1Cut the stems and gills from the mushrooms. Reserve the stems for later use.
- 2Place mushrooms in a baking pan cap-side down. Make sure that the baking pan can fit in your Air Fryer basket.
- 3Set your Air Fryer to 400 F (200 C) and the time to 10 minutes. Cook mushrooms until the water leaks out.
- 4Remove from the basket and pat-dry using paper towel; set aside.
- 5In a non-stick skillet or pan, heat the oil over medium flame. Add the chopped onion and minced garlic; stir-fry for a few minutes or until the onions become translucent.
- 6Add the bell pepper and cook, stirring for a couple more minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 7Divide the vegetables among the 4 mushroom caps.
- 8Top each with shredded mozzarella.
- 9Place the mushrooms again in the baking dish. Air Fry for 10-12 minutes at 400 F. Transfer to individual plates.
- 10 Serve right away and enjoy!