- 2 tablespoons (1 fl oz or 30 ml) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium (3.5 oz or 100 g) onion, finely chopped
- 3 (3 g) cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup (2 oz or 60 ml) dry white wine
- 1 can (28 oz. or 785 g) whole plum tomatoes with juice, crushed by hand
- 1 can (14.5 oz or 400g) tomato sauce
- 2 sprigs basil
- 1/4 teaspoon (0.5 g) red pepper, flakes
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 package (16 oz or 450 g) regular Potato Gnocchi
- 1/2 cup (2 oz or 60 g) shredded mozzarella cheese
- shaved parmesan cheese, for serving
- 1Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium flame until hot. Add the onion and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally until onion is translucent. Add the wine and cook until most of the liquid has evaporated. Then, add tomatoes with juice, 1 can tomato sauce, basil, and red pepper flakes. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer until slightly thick, about 30 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Turn off the heat; cover to keep warm.
- 2Bring a large pot water to a rolling boil; add 1 tablespoon salt. Add half package of the gnocchi; when they float to the top (after about 2 minutes), take them out with a slotted spoon into the saucepan with sauce. Repeat process with remaining gnocchi. Stir to coat well with sauce.
- 3Preheat your Air Fryer at 400 F (200 C).
- 4Transfer gnocchi with tomato sauce into a baking dish that can fit into the Air Fryer basket. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Cook for 8 minutes or until cheese has completely melted.
- 5Remove from the Air Fryer and let sit for 10 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with parmesan shavings.
- 6Serve and enjoy.