- 1 pound (450 g) okra pods, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 (2 oz. or 60 g) whole egg
- 1 cup (4 oz. or 125 g) cornmeal
- 1/4 cup (30 g) all-purpose flour
- cooking oil spray
- salt to taste
- 1Beat the egg in a shallow bowl. Add the okra slices.
- 2Mix together the cornmeal and flour in a large resealable plastic bag. Add five okra, zip the bag, and give it a shake. Transfer to a plate. Repeat procedure with remaining okra slices.
- 3Preheat your air fryer to 400 F (200 C).
- 4Add the breaded okra slices in the air fryer basket. Do not overcrowd, cook in batches if needed. Spray with oil. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes. Shake the basket and cook an additional 4 to 5 minutes or until nice and golden.
- 5Transfer to a serving dish and season with salt to taste.