- 1 1/2 pounds (675 g) chicken breast fillet, cut into strips
- 1/4 cup (2 fl oz or 60 ml) mirin (Japanese sweet rice wine)
- 1/4 cup (2 fl oz or 60 ml) soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons (1 fl oz oz or 30 ml) rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) sesame oil
- 1/4 cup (2 oz or 60 g) white sugar
- 3 (3 g) cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon (3 g) minced fresh ginger
- black pepper to taste
- toasted sesame seeds
- 1Combine mirin, soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, sugar, garlic, and ginger in a small bowl.
- 2Get a resealable bag and pour the teriyaki sauce mixture. Add some pepper to taste.
- 3Next, add the chicken strips and massage making sure to coat all sides with marinade. Put in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- 4Set your Air Fryer to 360 F (180 C).
- 5Transfer the marinated chicken from the resealable bag into a baking dish that can fit into your Air Fryer basket.
- 6Cook in the Air Fryer for 20-25 minutes, stirring once halfway through cooking time.
- 7Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.
- 8Serve and enjoy.